Sunday 18 November 2012

Curvy vs. Skinny: Are Skinny Women Really That Unattractive?




Why are skinny girls always thought of as unattractive?
Yes I am what a lot people may refer to as skinny. I don't have a flat tush, but it's not big and round either, it's just small and a little/slightly curvy. I'm straight up and down, no curvy hips or thighs. My breasts aren't big either; I'm only like a 75B.

But that doesn't make me unattractive because I'm thinner. 
Big breasts and curves aren't always "sexy," and It doesn't make them any more of a woman than I am.


Everyone's body is different. I'm tired of people with the whole "Real women have curves" statement. A woman is a woman, we all have the same thing - a vagina and boobs.

There are some skinny girls that are attractive, and also big girls that are unattractive. I've seen women with curves that had horrible, I mean HORRIBLE bodies. Yet people still compare them to skinny or fit girls (saying they look better than skinny women) that probably look 100 times better and healthier.
The bad thing about this is that they don't compare healthy, beautiful, skinny women with curvier women, rather the unhealthy, malnourished skinny, as if all skinny women were unhealthy and anorexic.

I've heard several women say that the media is saying skinny women are more attractive, but I strongly disagree. Skinny women are used for modeling, and THAT'S IT. Women like Beyonce, J.Lo, and Christina Aguilera are the ones that are really head strong in the media because they are curvier and viewed as more beautiful/ "Real Women."
Many men have said themselves that they like curvier women. I've heard very few men say,"Oh, skinny women are sexy." What I hear most from men is, "Curvy is sexy." It seems that many people are in denial about this. Why is the media so big on making some women feel good, while bringing others down in the process?
Why do people act like this? Why are people still doing the skinny vs. curvy thing? It's getting old, annoying, and sounds sort of stupid. 
What are your opinions on this situation?

I know a lot of guys like to say they prefer curvy women, or they prefer women with a bit of meat on her. But WHY then, do guys seem so attracted to skinny women? If a skinny woman walks by, she turns men's heads. A male friend of mine told me that guys find skinny women 'pretty' and nice to look at, but they prefer thicker women if they want to get physical with them. Is this true?

If that is true, then does that mean skinny girls are indeed more 'eye-catching' and thus more physically attractive? 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Get some self-esteem! No one likes someone who is insecure & no matter how thin you get, it will always be over-ruled by your insecurity. Confidence is the key to success. Personally, i myself is lifelong obsession with fluctuating weight. Will blog in next post, 

              my struggle with weight




No comments:

Post a Comment